5 December 2012

Quick fire gluten free soda bread

I just made the quickest soda brad ever! It took me..what...probably no more than 5 minutes (probably less) to whip it up and stick it in the oven. In fact, its in the oven as I type this.

Its from one of the many thousands of recipes I have but never used (until now). I made it basically because I wanted to something warm and savoury to nibble on but only had salad! I really don't want to eat salad when I am feeling so cold.

I cut out the recipe from something I bought a millennia ago, so its not mine but I have added one ingredient* that wasn't on the original list. 

I halved this recipe as I didn't have enough flour.

500g gluten free flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon coconut sugar or xylitol
1teaspoon xantham gum*
1 teaspoon sea salt
560ml water (or half water and half soya milk)

Mix all ingredients into a soft dough. Place into a well oiled loaf tin and bake at 200 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.

Easy peasy!

PS: it smells and tastes delicious by the way :) And here is the finished product! 
Gluten Free Soda Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment