3 March 2015

Well what do you know....

I was looking through some of the many notes I have written on various things...business, nutrition, personal development etc. and came across a question I wrote at the top of one page.

I wrote...

"What did I do to get healthy?" I wish I wrote the date as I have no idea when I wrote it. Anyway...

I came up with a list of 15 things. I can tell you now, I didn't implement all 15 at once. I took my time and brought different things into my life once I was ready to move up to the next level.

More often than not, many decide to get healthy and try to do everything at once. Have you ever tried to change your diet, go to the gym, stop smoking, stop drinking, stop eating chocolate or stop doing whatever you think is unhealthy all at once? New Years resolutions ring any bells? Distant memory?

I bet you £10 it didn't last very long. You probably floundered because it was too hard and you had no idea what to eat, not to mention the fact that you (probably) felt worse than ever. Oh, lets not forget, you also felt left out at birthday parties, dinner parties or any other celebration OR someone said "Forget your healthy regime for today, its a celebration..." Bang goes the healthy thing right?

The key to getting healthy and staying that way is balance. I learnt a long time ago not to be to hard on myself. Its just not fun and makes one miserable if you are. Lighten up. Be healthy but to get there the journey must be enjoyable...difficult at times? Perhaps yes, but not so difficult where you want to throw in the towel.

I'm going to give you a few examples of what I did. I'm not perfect. I have never claimed to be, but once thing I do know is that when you get to know your body...and I mean really know it (like I do), you will know what foods suit you and which do not.

Here are the 5 healthy habits I adopted that changed my life:

1) I made a firm decision to improve my health. I did NOT say "I want to lose weight or I want to get rid of my spotty skin". My overall health was more important.
2) I committed myself to that decision and took action. Yes, you have to do something. Sitting in front of the TV watching Corrie and eating cake just won't do it.
3) I started eating better.
4) I removed unhealthy food and drink from my life.
5) I began exercising regularly. In 2010 I entered my first Body Fitness competition. I spent years training before getting to this level.

I have another 10 items on my list but these 5 are what bought me to where I am today. I manage my weight with little effort, I don't need coffee or Red Bull or any other caffeine loaded drinks to keep me going. My skin is clear (I get occasional breakouts but I know why that is and can remedy it), I sleep sooooo much better than I used to. I was a chronic insomniac. I can get at least 6 hours without waking up...bliss! Plus I'm fitter now in my forties and look better than when I was in my twenties.

My message here is...it takes time. If you want a quick fix then good luck with that.

Lastly I just wanted to say this...I stopped making excuses to get healthy and just did it.

Want a 30 Day Transformation? Check out how you can safely and gimmick free.

No comments:

Post a Comment